Ancient herbalists were able to extract some of the plants healing constituents into the air using steam. These medicinal steam vapors (essential oils released from plants) helped to relieve respiratory breathing and sinus inflammation.
During illness, Steam was used along with other herbs concoctions to assist in relieving congestion, runny noses, loosen mucus, and soothe ones mind.
Choose from various sizes, 1oz has approximately 11 level tablespoons.
Ingredients: Eucalyptus*, Spearmint*, Chamomile Flowers*, Thyme*, Rosemary*, and Lavender Flowers*. (All certified organic herbs)
Bring 4-6 cups of water to a boil.
- In a large bowl, add 1 Tbsp. (or desired amount) of the herbal mixture.
- Pour boiling water over the herbs and cover the bowl. Let steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Cover your head with a towel and position your face over the bowl, using the towel as a tent to hold the steam in.
- With your eyes closed and face 5-10 inches away from the hot water, breathe in the herbal goodness for no more than 10 minutes at a time.
* You can also use ½ cup of this in a foot bath!
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
**Please note there may be slight variations from pictures above. Each item is handcrafted every order.
top of page